The Notre Dame Radio Society and the Wireless Institute are offering an 8-week, entry-level “Technician” Ham Radio Class. At the end of the class, you can obtain your “Tech” license and be ready to participate in local amateur radio activities. The class is open to students and the public. Seating is limited, so registration is recommended.
Class highlights include:
- Use the Echolink phone app to connect with ham radio stations worldwide.
- Participate in ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Service) and provide public-service communications for special events in your community.
- Participate in area ARES/RACES Storm Spotting.
- Become a RACES (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service) volunteer and provide communications support for your local Emergency Management Agency.
- Make new friends while talking on area ham VHF and UHF repeaters.
- Learn about the art of wireless communication and have fun doing it.
- Obtain your “Tech” license and participate in local amateur radio activities.
- Dates: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 – Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- Time: 5 – 7 pm
- Location: 253 Cushing Hall
- $35.00 – Includes the HamRadioSchool.com Technician License Book. $15.00 – If you have your own copy of the book. (Available at hamradioschool.com or amazon.com).
- Class size is limited.
- Please register to ensure your spot.
- If you have any questions, please contact Clint Manning (KD9CM) firstname.lastname@example.org or 574-631-7235.